Our Mission, our Values
Promote excellence and innovation in the fields of bilingualism and language acquisition. To this end, we endeavour to:
- Create a dynamic and inspiring learning environment that provides a bridge to professional, academic, cultural, and personal growth;
- Be a leading national and international hub for Canadian expertise, research, and public policy on bilingualism, social cohesion, and citizenship as they relate to linguistic duality;
- Act as a catalyst for the development, promotion, and dissemination of innovative language teaching and evaluation methods as well as cutting-edge research.
The OLBI community of students, faculty, administrators, and alumni aspires to create an inclusive, collaborative, and supportive environment that fosters our five core values:
- Excellence in teaching, scholarship, research, and service;
- Respect for and celebration of linguistic and cultural diversity;
- Commitment to developing strong partnerships;
- Passion for lifelong learning, creativity, and innovation;
- Dedication to the growth and success of every community member.