Julien Couture Resource Centre
Serving the University Community
The Julien Couture Resource Centre, with its ”learning” and “teaching” sections, contains an extensive collection of documents for self-learning and teaching English and French as well as modern technological equipment. The Centre is open to all staff and students of the University of Ottawa. Our reception attendants are there to welcome you, guide you, and help you!
- Student Lounge, a quiet area where you can study at your own pace
- Open space with tables and study rooms
- Specialized journals in the field of language acquisition and bilingualism
- Theoretical works on methodology in second language teaching and learning
Educational Resources and Entertainment
- Educational software and relevant audiovisual equipment
- Reference Texts (encyclopaedias, dictionaries, and various self-directed learning materials)
- Feature films, novels, short stories, comic books, magazines
- Teaching manuals and workbooks with their audiovisual supports (DVD, CD)
Second Language Conversation Workshops
The OLBI Mentoring Centre offers second language conversation workshops. Conversation workshops are held at Hamelin Hall, inside the Julien Couture Resource Centre (FLS) and on the 1st floor (ESL). The language instructors responsible for these workshops are responsible for organizing and running conversation groups of different levels (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced).
NB. The level of language proficiency required to participate in beginner level conversation workshops is the level required for FLS 1513 enrollment or A2 CEFR proficiency level.